Sonntag, 7. November 2010

PhD Pilot Study – Port Moresby, Bougainville, Papua New Guinea

Day 19 – Saturday, 6 November 2010

In sum, I was in Papua New Guinea for 2 1/2 weeks, conducting a pilot study for my PhD to test out my data collection method. While it was a very difficult trip in terms of logistics and personal comforts, hygiene, etc., I'm glad I did it, but also relieved that I can now move to the analysis of my many filled in 12-page questionnaires.

PhD Pilot Study -- THE END


Postscript

My video footage will not be ready until the next year, so I'm leaving you with this clip for an additional impression about the Carteret Islands and the fate of forced migration now faced by this friendly community of islanders. Take a look:

2 Kommentare:

  1. Interesting travel and exploration in Papua New Guinea.
    I was sad to see pictures of beautiful scenery with the contrast of the reality.
    Your impression with the people, convey to me, many emotions.
    You have a great blog Johannes,thanks for sharing us your feelings about your work and your vision, and also thank you to makes us reflect and appreciate all that we have, our home and our future.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Well done, Johannes! You finished in good time! JM

    AntwortenLöschen