Samstag, 23. Oktober 2010

PhD Pilot Study – Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea

Day 3 Friday 22 October 2010

After the driver takes me to the World Vision National Office I arrive just as their bi-weekly "devotions" are about to commence. The talk that day is around "work" -- Gerard starts his talk with a quote: "Find yourself something to do you like, and you'll never have to work another day in your life." Have I found such "work" yet? I think about the security briefing and the prospect of breathing my last here in PNG... Anyhow, after meeting Wendy on skype and letting her know that I'm alive and well (emphasis on "alive") I print my questionnaires, check my e-mail, then find a driver and rush off to conduct my first interview at the Office of Climate Change and Development. I also get myself a Digicel prepaid SIM card for my mobile phone. By and large I'm beginning to feel a bit more upbeat about this trip. The reception received by the World Vision National Director Curt, himself a Third Culture Kid, was warm and welcoming, I feel at home in this World Vision tribe...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen